Chitika

Monday, February 7, 2011

Educations, Trainings, Webinars - Oh, My!

New Year, New Horizons!

I have a dozen new applications or systems that I need to find time to educate myself on. Luckily there are webinars, documentation and classes to attend. Sadly, time is the enemy here.

Trying to find time to FOCUS on these trainings is tough. Dedicating time to leave the office for training would be good but there are too many other things that demand my attention. When 'following' along with a webinar I am too easily distracted by other problems that arise, other tasks I need to complete, emails and phone calls that come in as well as the general lethargy that rears its head when trying to follow along on something that I have not 'bought into'.

How many hours in a day, week, month, or year should we all dedicate to education? To the general upkeep of our skills? To the expansion of our minds and universes? I believe that 30 minutes a day should be focused on this task. Anything over 30 minutes chews into my regularly scheduled 'programming'.

When a new task rears its head it would be nice to take the time to learn more, prepare for and document the result of said task.

Documentation! That is a topic for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment