Chitika

Monday, February 7, 2011

Purview? Peppy?

Purview defined: range of vision, insight, understanding, or cognizance
I hope to attempt to understand the world around me, share my insight (or lack thereof), and think, think, think about what ewe due too, me.
The story of Peppy: Once upon a time (late 1999), I was hired to do Y2K work for a local government organization. In order to notify others of our current location or planned destination we used a magnetic name board. Letters for the magnetic name plates must have been tough to find because when they attempted to find enough R's for my last name they came up way short, but they had plenty of P's hanging around. To make my name they used two P's with added leg pieces to substitute for the R's. These added legs did not survive long and like a mean child, someone pulled the legs off my R's leaving P's hanging on the board. PERRY became PEPPY and the name stuck.
Additionally, many people somehow thought my first name was Joe (instead of Jim) and so Joe Peppy was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment