Chitika

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Weather Or Not

The weather in upstate NY has been incredibly brisk as of late. Instead of snow we have crusty ice pack laying on the ground, stacked high in plow hills at the corner of parking lots and covering just about every rooftop. Sidewalks are icy and slick between the sporadically shoveled spots. Roads are generally cleared, although a bit narrower in spots due to the snice piles, at a huge cost to the area municipalities.

With all this cold weather my skin has dried out so much as to make my biometric scanner nearly unusable for logging in unless I lotion up my hands just before using it. The capacitive touch screen on my Motorola Droid is touchy about my crusty, dried, callused finger tips. Typing with my hardened finger tips is hit or miss at times. So much so that it is generally quicker to just use the voice to text capabilities. The greatest tool for this weather has been my fingerless gloves and mittens for times when I just need to touch type as I am freezing in my poor car waiting for it to warm up on these single digit mornings.

Technology is created based on the 'best possible conditions' at times. Great techology takes into account all conditions and tries to give you the best possible results or at least a decent work around.

No comments:

Post a Comment